I- Introduction :
Wounds from projectiles & rsquo; firearms based on a simple principle :
"Shot" and its consequences Lesions vary according to various parameters of shooting
Definition : lacerations,that present, in a general way ,very specific characters ,can help, by review , to give justice information of the utmost importance .
II- Overview :
wounding agents : war ,Ies fragments predominate, civil ( 24000 shot dead in a year U.S.A.).
- Primary projectiles : from d & rsquo; an explosion(bomb , grenade ;roquette )
- The secondary projectiles:projected by the breath of & rsquo; explosion(miscellaneous debris, terre….)
2- The balls :
- The ball is a constituent of a cartridge.
- caliber bullet : existing diameter at the bottom of the barrel rifling
– in mm in Europe
– 1 / 100th or 1 / 1000th of an inch in Anglo-Saxon countries.
III- Determining the trajectory of firing :
1- Review of clothing :
- Orientations of the fibers of the garment
2- Aspects skin openings :
A- Port & rsquo; entry :
- The collar features erosive,whatever the distance of draws,l & rsquo; & rsquo port; entry;or rather,Ion is DIMAIO.Ia collar d & rsquo; abrasion since it is not the skin edges payroll that are erosive but projecile: this erosive flange corresponds to the & rsquo; flattened and lapped epidermis surrounding the & rsquo; d & rsquo port; entrée.cette erosive flange may vary depending on the recency or not the wound, depending on the size of the & rsquo; & rsquo and weapon, the bullet penetration angle,ion is the location of the penetration , according posture that & rsquo; was the topic when he received the shoots.
- In general the openings & rsquo; entry are circular or oval according to & rsquo; angle of & rsquo; pa weapon relative to the skin
Over the & rsquo; obliquity of draws increases, plus & rsquo; & rsquo port; input s & rsquo; lengthens
Slag forming the collar d & rsquo; wiping are arranged in the form of increasing the portion of skin and abraded
s & rsquo; other side under the deep surface where the ball will be wiped
- tattoo: comes from unburned powder grains but broken, s & rsquo; there interposition clothes :
- at an average distance total absence of soot , Tattoo and powder around & rsquo; d & rsquo port; entry.
- very short present on the surface of the fabric.
- After touching at present also on the deep side
- After touching at present supported in whole or in under clothing.
B- Outlet port :
- These outlets are not required if the projectile n & rsquo; more was sufficient kinetic energy to break.
- They look identical, whatever the shooting distance.
- Typically they are larger and more irregular than the openings & rsquo; entries ,exceptions would have no erosive collar.
C- comparison (port & rsquo; input / output port) :
|Round or oval||Starlit -berges everted|
|Tailings deposit (tattoo)||without|
3- Route intracorporeal projectiles :
– dissection plane by plane ride projectilaire
– orifices aponeuroses and capsules
– cranial orifices
– contribution of radiology
– Taking as an example :internal ricochets
– they present 20 at 25 percent of cases.
– are involved ; non-jacketed bullets and small arms
IV- lesional profile :
- contacting the target product ;destabilization of the ball goes through and increases the length of that passageway & rsquo; will form permanent cavity(I CRUSH).
- this destabilization is originally d & rsquo; tissue stretching by abrupt discharge and short fabrics whose mechanism varies projectiles: the temporary cavity(or STRETCHING).
V- Diagnostic :
Lifting of body :
- consider the place of state
- find the weapon
- observe the bloodstains
- look for bullets
- examine clothing
external examination :
- description des phénomènes cadavériques
- seek outlet
- the skin palpation
- look for signs of violence
- Description of the inlet port
- consideration of natural orifices
Radio corpse : allows & rsquo; orient & rsquo; autopsy
- Identification projectiles
- firing residue revelation
WE- Forensic Aspects :
1- Accident :
it is often manifested when the firing direction was vertical
2- suicide :
The shot is fired after touching or very short distance and in places considered elective:the temple,l & rsquo; right ear with right-hander…
3- The crime :
Conclusion : In wounds gun, two key elements for rebuilding the forensic facts & rsquo; & rsquo port, input and lethal bullet.