Presented by: Dr. Nabil BOULAGHMEN – Physician Epidemiologist SEMEP EPSP Laghouat
- Coronaviruses are viruses that can cause respiratory infections in humans and animals.
Some coronaviruses lead to mild respiratory infection with symptoms such as a cold (cooling) but some coronaviruses can cause severe respiratory symptoms with risk of death.
- Including the current 2019 n
epidemiological data :
The current outbreak of coronavirus (2019-peak) would have begun in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the fish market and seafood of the city = Zoonosis early in the epidemic
Then human to human through Air ), touch or with objects that have been in contact with the mouth, nose or eyes of an infected person. Incubation = 2 at 14 Days
Number of infections and deaths due to coronavirus (Last update : 29 February 2020 at 21 H 00
|Emirates Arabe Unie||21||0|
At 29 February 2020 at 21 hours : 85.994 If notice is 2.941 Death
These definitions may change and based on the information available :
1- Cas suspect :
a) Anyone with :
-Clinical signs of low acute respiratory infection regardless of its severity with fever or feeling feverish, without other etiology identified that can fully explain the symptomatology.
-Having traveled and stayed in a region whose transmission is active * in the 14 days preceding the date of onset of clinical signs.
a) Any person with an acute respiratory infection regardless of its severity, in the 14 days of the following exhibitions :
– A étroit1 contact of a confirmed case of Covid-19, while the latter was symptomatic ;
– Anyone co-exposed, defined as having been subject to the same risk of exposure (that is to say, a living / traveling in an area whose transmission is active) a confirmed case.
– Anyone who worked or who stayed in a hospital in which a case of infection Covid-19 was confirmed.
2- confirmed case :
A suspect case with a sample indicating the presence of Covid-19.
A close contact is a person who shared the same living space as the case when it showed symptoms.
Example: family, same room, or having had direct contact face to face in less than a meter from the case at the time of cough, a sneeze or during a discussion, Neighbor classroom or office, neighbor case, in transit.
A co-exposed person is defined as having been subject to the same risk of exposure (that is to say, a living / traveling in an area whose transmission is active) the confirmed case.
* Transmission locale : China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Italy (Lombardie,Veneto).
Getting Square Device Monitoring and Early Warning :
- Availability for each health facility protection Means : ((Safely sufficient quantity and stock +++++))
- Surgical masks,
- on Blouses,
- Protective glasses.
- Ensure the availability of sampling kits and transport medium identical to those of the flu at the 3 EPH de District,
Getting Square Device Monitoring and Early Warning :
- Comply, before any patient as defined possible cases, the following measures :
- Hospitalize the patient in accordance with the usual rules of protection,
- Proceed with collecting naso pharyngeal under the sheet No. 03 on sampling methods cases of severe flu,
- immediately report the case to the General Directorate of Prevention and INSP.
- Educating Leaders Post Sanitary Control to Borders (CSF) :
- The activation of the monitoring system by the establishment of thermal imaging cameras for Passengers from China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Italy ,
- Perform isolation and hospitalization of any passenger who meets the definition of a suspect case,
- Inform passenger from China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Italy , for in an emergency in case of suggestive clinical picture,
- Organize awareness sessions (individual hygiene measures) for travelers en route to the China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Iran, Italy .
1- At the points of & rsquo; entry :
– d & rsquo; raise the level of & rsquo; health monitoring and alert at all points of & rsquo; entry, air, naval and land, especially the sideboards countries where transmission is active,
– strengthen these points & rsquo; entry into human and material resources.
2- At health facilities :
– ensure wide dissemination and monitoring of ministerial notes,
– appoint in each setting H24 teams dedicated to the treatment of suspected cases (lists, address and phone numbers of references health workers),
– prepare and test the circuit of the suspected case since coming up & rsquo; d & rsquo box; isolation,
– d & rsquo; prohibit & rsquo; access to the box & rsquo; isolation to anyone outside dedicated teams.
– to forecast the availability of means of personal protection and hand sanitizer
– ensure compliance conditions & rsquo; general hygiene
Good advice & Prevention :
- good practice of personal hygiene, such as regular hand washing,
- Avoid contact with animals, especially poultry and their droppings
- as well as contact with persons with respiratory symptoms
- and only eat eggs and meat until they are cooked.
- for people with symptoms of acute respiratory infection, it is imperative to observe the hygiene rules for cough : This is mainly to stay away from others, to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue or clothing when coughing or sneezing and wash hands.
- do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
general Tips :
Face masks may be useful to prevent disease, in a risk area wear a mask. The masks with N95 classification are preferred or FFP2
Presented by : Dr. Nabil BOULAGHMEN
Physician Epidemiologist SEMEP EPSP Laghouat